Effective Date of Current Policy: May 1, 2018
Types of Information We Collect
We collect two types of information from visitors of our website: personally identifiable information and non-personally identifiable information. If you purchase our products or services, we request certain personally identifiable information from you on our order form. This includes contact information such as your name, email address, and shipping address, as well as financial information such as a credit card number and its expiration date. We use the personally identifiable information that we collect for billing purposes and to fill your orders. If we have trouble processing an order, we also will use this information to contact you. In addition, if you contact us by email through our website, we may keep a record of your contact information and correspondence. We reserve the right to use your email address and any other personally identifiable information that you provide to us to respond to you and to send you marketing materials for our own products and services. [We will not share your information with outside parties who wish to market other products and services to you.]
If at any time you would like to change your personally identifiable information, or if you no longer wish to receive materials from us or would like your personal information removed from our database, please contact us at email@example.com. Alternatively, if you receive materials from us by email you can make use of the "unsubscribe" provision in our communications.
Like most websites, our website may incorporate tracking technologies and cookies that allow us to track the actions of our website visitors. Tracking technologies and cookies are used to collect non-personally identifiable information, such as the name of your internet service provider, the IP address of the computer you are using, the type of browser software and operating system that you use, the date and time you access our website, the website address, if any, from which you linked directly to our website, the website address, if any, to which you travel from our website, your home page customization preferences and other similar traffic-related information. We may aggregate your information with similar data collected from other visitors to help us improve our website.
Use and Disclosure of Your Information
Generally, we will not disclose the personally identifiable information that we collect through your use of our website to unaffiliated third parties. We reserve the right, however, to provide such information to our employees, contractors, agents, and designees to the extent necessary to enable them to perform certain services for us, including order fulfillment and website-related services such as web hosting, to improve website-related services and features, to perform maintenance services, and to distribute advertisements and other marketing materials on our behalf.
We do not sell, license, lease or otherwise disclose your personal information to any unaffiliated third party except as described below:
- In order to administer or process a transaction, product or the services provided by us;
- To comply with applicable laws, regulation or legal process;
- To detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud or security issues;
- To help us improve our services to you, to engage another business to help us to carry out certain internal functions such as account processing, fulfillment, member service, member satisfaction surveys or other data collection activities relevant to our business.
- To protect the rights, property, safety and security of MAYA.M and its employees, our website visitors, and/or the public.
- If we sell MAYA.M or any part of its assets, or MAYA.M enters into a joint venture with another business entity, we may disclose your personal information to our new business partners or owners who may then provide you with information about their products and services.
Security & Information Retention
We employ security measures to protect your personal information both online and offline from access by unauthorized persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage. We encrypt many of our services using SSL. We will retain your personal information for a reasonable period or as long as the law requires.